Monday, June 2, 2008

Ah! Blogging Day One

Today is June 2nd and the first day of my blogging experience. I am not sure why I decided that today would be the day that I would start a blog. Hmmm. Maybe it's because hurricane season started yesterday and I live in South Florida and needed an outlet for my nervous anxiety over the prospect of my roof blowing off sometime between now and November 30th.

So, a little about me (still not totally secure with putting personal stuff on the web) but here goes ... I am divorced, 47 and live and work in sunny (humid) South Florida -- the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area to be exact. I work at a university in Miami and have a BS degree in Professional Administration and an MS in Human Resource Development (A.K.A. training and development). I absolutely love training and adult learning.

I live and breathe for creativity and can literally feel the creative urges welling up in me. The problem is ... they are trapped .... The Artist Within Me! I don't know why, but for some reason I am afraid to just let go and create. I think it has to do with my need to do the best job that I can and for the work to look "perfect"??? Whatever that means. I believe the purpose of this blog is to start learning how to release the creativity. Baby steps perhaps. I am not even sure how a blog really works or if anyone will ever read it, but it is, no doubt, therapeutic if nothing else.

If you are willing to travel with me on this journey of creative exploration, I am happy to welcome you!

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art"

~Leonard DaVinci


2 comments:

Natalia Leon said...

Happy for you! Hope you'll post some pics soon of things you've done.

jreato said...

you get that perfection thing from daddy


Bubby