Thursday, June 19, 2008

Another Handmade Book & A Card



So it is Day 3 of heavy rain here in "Sunny" South Florida...no complaints ... we are on water restrictions like most of the Southeast. Instead of doing nothing because of the weather, here I am posting to the blog.

The first picture is a handmade card I made for my friend Cynthia's birthday this week. It is hard to tell in picture but the background is scored in a diamond pattern. Next it was stamped with a full sheet stamp in a leaf pattern using a light green ink. Next the scroll-like leaves were stamped in dark brown. She liked it very much!

The next two images are of a cascading envelope book I made as a birthday gift for a friend who has had a long and successful career in the theatre as both an actor and director. The accordian of envelopes cascade out when the cover of the book is opened. Inside each envelope is a bit of entertainment-related trivia that happened on the day and date of his birth.

Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Natalia Leon said...

Nice looking book....what size envelopes did u use?...love the color green.

Deborah R. said...

They were actually envelopes I found at a floral supply warehouse that I go to. Not sure of the exact size off hand, but they are bigger than a business card or the floral cards that come with flower delivery.

Cathy said...

Hey, Deborah! Thanks for visiting my blog! I understand your love of creating with your hands and creating books is one of my favorite things to do!

The envelope book you've created is gorgeous! Love that color green...

I've bookmarked you and please, feel free to continue to visit with me. Perhaps, someday we'll swap a handmade book or two; for now, I'm just enjoying the process.