Monday, September 1, 2008

Art Day

Ok, so lately I have been in a bit of an artistic rut. Not by my own choosing mind you, but because that dreaded thing that keeps many of us from doing what we love (or just from doing period) has crept rampantly into my life ... LACK OF TIME! Ugh...no time to do anything.

But, all is not lost ... this is the Labor Day weekend and I have traveled up from Fort Lauderdale to the Atlanta, Georgia area to visit my sister, my niece and her family. Fortunately, the "art" gene has imbedded itself into my great niece ... Brianna. The child absolutely loves to do anything remotely related to art. She draws, paints, beads, and bedazzles anything she can get her hands on. Bri would rather "craft" as she calls it, than do just about anything. Today we set out to the craft store and bought a bunch of wooden cutouts and acrylic paints. She has been going to town...painting monkeys, horses, cats, flowers, shells, hearts and dogs. She is having a great time. Best of all, she is outside on the patio, quietly working her craft and staying totally entertained. Love you Brianna!


No comments: